Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Son of Siri: Viv aims to go way beyond today’s digital assistants
May 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Viv hopes to effectively supersede Google as “an intelligent interface to everything.”
- Changing domain names in 2016: 10 easily overlooked steps that can save SEO
May 5, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
Moving your site to a new domain can be fraught with SEO issues, even without a redesign or CMS migration. Columnist Glenn Gabe has some insights on what issues to anticipate and how to handle them.
- The 7 deadly sins of content marketing
May 5, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø explains some of the major mistakes content marketers make in discounting SEO input. Is your company committing one?
- Google adds related topics to featured snippets
May 5, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google is now showing extended featured snippets for some queries, which should not surprise anyone.
- Google confirms live demo of new AdWords redesign will happen on May 24
May 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A new screen shot shows how ad scheduling data might be presented in the updated interface.
- Updated: Google penalizes mobile sites using sneaky redirects
May 4, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google takes action on mobile sites that trick users into being redirected to an unwanted website from the mobile search results page. This Twitter post was just to remind webmasters not to use sneaky redirects.
- Five distribution tips to improve the reach and impact of your content
May 5, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Distribution is one of the biggest challenges for brands that create content. This tipsheet from Falcon Social has five strategic best practices that will help your content get more reach (and reach the right people), based on lessons from leading brands’ distribution strategies. Find out what to keep in mind when planning and creating content […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Where does your business stand in the eCommerce market?
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: future of brand protection (part 8)
- 5 super-common SEO mistakes content marketers make
- Performing a manual backlink audit, step by step
- Branded query optimization for SEO
- Mobile vs. desktop: Are you optimizing both experiences?
- Peloton’s new CMO brings her passion for fitness to work at the in-home exercise brand
- Adblock Plus teams up with content funding tool Flattr to pay cooperating publishers
- 13 content marketing metrics to track for optimum conversions
- Yahoo announces new video programming focus & expanded video ad metrics at NewFronts
- 5 reasons to keep doing mobile SEO even though ads are everywhere
- News360 adds native ads to its free publisher analytics
- MarTech Today: Self-service EverString, bots that don’t understand you & Deeplink’s AppWords Concierge
- Periscope starts testing a way to #save live broadcasts
- Social Video Chart: Your at-a-glance guide to 7 major platforms
- Instagram has started testing its version of Facebook Pages
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Sentinel vs Landsat imagery, Google Earth Blog
- Link data advice from Duane Forrester part 3, Majestic Blog
- Apple’s App Store search is completely broken right now, TechCrunch
- Google Testing Bigger Margins & Spaces Between Search Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- 6 SEO Secrets That Will Help You Become a Better Marketer, ahrefs.com
- Become an SEO Wizard: Using the SEO Keyword Magic Tool, semrush.com
- Google’s Report on SEO Conduct & Webspam: Ethical SEO Help for Online Businesses, BruceClay.com
- How to Run a World Class SEO Agency #SEOcafe, semrush.com
- How Voice Search Will Change Digital Marketing — For the Better, Moz
- May 2016 Google Webmaster Report: Penalties, PageRank, Guidelines Search Console & More, Search Engine Roundtable
The post SearchCap: Google featured snippets, Viv assistant & AdWords redesign preview appeared first on Search Engine Land.