Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Updates Keyword Planner With Impression Share Comparisons And More
Jan 14, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Version 2 of the keyword planning tool is now available in all Bing Ads accounts.
- How Google’s Search Chief Has Been Living The “Mobile First” Life For Over A Year
Jan 14, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Amit Singhal has been living his digital life mostly off his two smartphones for more than a year.
- Bing Updates Its Logo With Uppercase “B” & New Teal Blue Color
Jan 14, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
“It felt like the right time to freshen things up,” says Microsoft spokesperson.
- PPC Ad Copy Conversion Funnel Study
Jan 14, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
This research paper from NetElixir set out to determine if there were specific PPC ad copy sequences that stand out, as well as whether or not those sequences change during the peak selling season. Reading NetElixir’s PPC Ad Copy Conversion Funnel Study will help you: Learn how to use your conversion path reports to identify […]
- Use External Data In Your AdWords Campaigns With Scripts To Call APIs
Jan 14, 2016 by Russell Savage
Ready to put on your mad scientist hat? Columnist Russell Savage provides a tutorial on how to create wrappers for external API calls — in this case, the Huffpost Pollster API.
- Why Grave Misconceptions About SEO Still Persist
Jan 14, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
Myths and misconceptions about search engine optimization just don’t seem to go away. Columnist Jayson DeMers offers an explanation for why this is so and what SEO professionals can do about it.
- The Google Dance Is Back For Search Engine Land’s SMX West Search Conference
Jan 14, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
After a hiatus since 2008, the “Google Dance” returns to the Googleplex, where Google will host a special event on March 2, 2016 for marketers attending Search Engine Land’s Search Marketing Expo & Conference in Silicon Valley.
- Google Street View Goes “Miniatur” To Capture Hamburg Model Train Exhibit
Jan 14, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Miniatur Wunderland is a massive model railroad exhibit in Hamburg, Germany, spread out over 1,300 square meters (nearly 14,000 square feet). It’s reportedly Hamburg’s most popular tourist attraction. Started in 2000, it features eight sections that depict various scenes and countries throughout Europe and the US, including a mini Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. Google […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Self Assessment and Guide: Marketing Foundations
- How To Localize Google Search Results
- Discovering Opportunities To Drive Your Mobile Web & App Optimization Strategy
- How To Uncover SEO Content Marketing Ideas With Google Search Analytics
- Samsung Techwin’s New Marketing Lead Is Focused On Growing Brand’s Customer Base
- Trump, Women And ISIS: What Marketers Can Learn From The Social Language Of The 2016 Election
- Think Social’s NSFW? Not Any More: How Employee Engagement Really Works
- 2015’s Missed Marketing Predictions And Opportunities
- MarTech Today: Facebook’s Streaming “Mentions,” Google’s Mystery Update & Bing’s Speed Test Tool
- The Google Dance Returns To Silicon Valley @SMX West
- Allstate’s Newest @Mayhem Effort Depicts The Dark Side Of DIY, With Stories Unearthed Online
- Now That Twitter Has Killed Counts, Other Ways To Find Your Shares
- MediaMath Gets Into The Data Business With Launch Of Helix
- Apple iAd Update Will Reportedly Let Publishers Sell Directly To Advertisers
- How To Test Multiple Programmatic Partners
Search News From Around The Web:
- 7 Tips for Landing an SEO Job in 2016, Search Engine Journal
- Why Google Is Changing a Bunch of its Companies’ Names, TIME
Local & Maps
- Correcting map data – placemarks, Google Earth Blog
- Google Cardboard Gets a Big Upgrade With Realistic 3D Audio, Gizmodo
- 4 Skills You Need To Be a More Effective Link Builder, theupperranks.com
- Case Study: How We Gained More than 100 Links for a Travel Website via Content Marketing, Moz
- All Skype for Windows users get real-time translation, VentureBeat
- Google Adds HTTPS To Google Cache Pages, Search Engine Roundtable
- 43 Reasons SEOs Can’t Fear Change: 2016 Digital Marketing Predictions, BruceClay.com
- Did the core algorithm update deal with freshness?, Branded3
- Google Core Update 2016: Analysis of Winners and Losers, Searchmetrics SEO Blog
- Google May Show Duplicate Titles Even With Rel Canonicals In Place, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s new Brand Bidding Algorithm?, goralewicz.com
- How to Take Charge of Your Search Engine Rankings With These Evergreen SEO Techniques, huffingtonpost.com
- The Rise of Rich Answers in Google Search – Future of Digital Marketing, Stone Temple
- What Is Different Now That Google Panda Is Part Of Google’s Core Ranking Algorithm?, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Tips for Creating More Effective Online Ads, thesempost.com
- What makes Paid Search so damn sexy?, State of Digital
The post SearchCap: Google Dance, Bing Logo & Amit Singhal Interview appeared first on Search Engine Land.
Source: Search Engine Land